Industry news. Aug 2020:
E-commerce or online shops can be effective and are easily added to a WordPress website. WooCommerce is the most popular.
- Accept online payments through PayPal, Stripe etc. Although online sales are not as high as you might be led to believe, e-commerce can be a good way so sell items (or digital downloads) from your website to a wide audience.
- The initial setup takes time and money (and I include image Alt Tags for SEO) but updating afterwards is straightforward and you can do this yourself with practice.
- Scroll down for more info..
Did you know? For the first time, 2018 saw ecommerce sales overtake traditional retailers in terms of sales. Source: Internet Retailer. Covid-19 has changed the retail landscape, with online sales rocketing.
eCommerce Case Study, Kilkenny:
Moth to a Flame Candles is a well-established craft business but had a very limited online presence. It needed:
- Extensive product photography – (portable studio set up in workshop).
- A new WordPress website.
- An online shop (we chose WooCommerce).
- These were all developed in conjunction with the owner and founder member of Made in Kilkenny craft group, Larry Kinsella.
- Setup costs were recouped in 6 months.
- Google page ranking has dramatically improved due to my SEO work. The online shop orders have already increased through Instagram posts and a Christmas popup shop in Kilkenny, promoted on Insta and Twitter. Setup costs have been recouped within 6 months due to online sales. Flat rate shipping makes multiple purchases attractive to buyers (weight limited).
We can do the same for your business.. enquire here
Did you know? – a matched funding grant of up to 50% is available from your Local Enterprise Office up to €2500. You can take your sales online via a Trading Online Voucher Scheme.
Read more about our eCommerce Kilkenny website design here