WordPress websites, Ireland
Why choose Bigger Picture Web?
Most web companies like to tie you in for the long haul with costly ‘maintenance’ packages. Not me.
- I build effective and good-looking websites with (optional) high quality product photography.
- I offer training to self-edit or maintenance on a per-hour basis.
- I don’t rent a big unit or employ a team of staff so my overheads are lower and I pass on this saving to you.
- Excellent track record
- Measurable results
See some examples below:
Moth to a Flame hand made candles, Kilkenny Click screengrab for latest website version.
Case Study: extensive studio and onsite product photography, WordPress website, SEO, planned Online Shop, active social media campaign to get this well-known business out there. YouTube video to act as lead-in to website. Instagram and Pinterest posts aimed at younger / new audience. Sales have increased very quickly and are set to grow further.
“All looks very good, Crisp, colourful : I’d buy from that shop….” Larry Kinsella, Moth to a Flame candles, Bennetsbridge, Co. Kilkenny.
E-commerce for your business
E-commerce or online shops can be effective and are easily added to a WordPress website. WooCommerce is the most popular. Although online sales are not as high as you might be led to believe (see chart), e-commerce can be a good way to sell items from your website to a bigger market. The initial setup takes time (and I include image Alt Tags for SEO) but updating afterwards is straightforward and you can do this yourself with practice.
For the first time, 2018 saw ecommerce sales overtake traditional retailers in terms of sales. Source: Internet Retailer
Throughout Europe, high street retailers are facing hard times, with high business rates, spiralling insurance costs plus parking charges putting off their customers. Central government has cut funding to Local Authorities so they are passing this problem on to local businesses in the form of higher business rates. Shoppers are going online and canny businesses are adapting to meet them where they shop. Time to act !
I offer an e-commerce setup service, based on time spent and charged by the hour. No contract required. Please contact me for details with no obligation. I also offer high quality product photography and can work with your suppliers’ photographs too.
Did you know? – a matched funding grant of up to 50% is available from your Local Enterprise Office if you want to take your sales online via a Trading Online Voucher Scheme.
Online Marketplaces Grew 23% in 2018 and Account for 52% of All Ecommerce
Last year marked a watershed for ecommerce. For the first time, the world’s online marketplaces, the shopping malls of ecommerce, sold more merchandise than all stand-alone retail web sites combined.
Source: Internet Retailer 2019.
click graphic for website
Why Choose a WordPress website?
From a website makeover to a completely new website, WordPress is the choice of half the websites you’ll see, for some very good reasons:
- WordPress websites let you make changes yourself – from anywhere with internet access. Add Special Offers, seasonal discounts, announcements etc yourself. If you can use Facebook – you can update your WordPress site.
- They are ‘responsive’ and will work with all devices – essential these days.
- Ecommerce (online shop) can be added using a tried & tested, secure Plugin. (See more below).
- Your WordPress website can grow with your business, offering new products and services as you expand and it will look great on all devices.
- The best developers work on WordPress, so you’ll get a robust, secure site which you can edit yourself.
Kilkenny Guesthouse, kilkenny lodgings, kilkenny accommodation, guesthouses in kilkenny, central kilkenny accommodation, central kilkenny lodgings, Rick Steves Kilkenny, Butler Court Guest accommodation
- I will recommend a suitable WordPress ‘Theme‘ – the overall design of your new website. If you see one you like, it can be adapted for your website.
- I will also add ‘Plugins‘ to run your contact forms, photo galleries etc. I know the best ones to install.
- Security – I ensure all Themes & Plugins are kept up to date, backed up and are safe from malicious activity.
- I do not outsource any of my work. It’s all hand-built by me in Kilkenny, including organic SEO – to get you found on Google without the Paid Ads penalty.
- Contact me for friendly and knowledgable advice & help plus a track record of delivering excellent results for my clients.
Did you know?
Many of the websites you see will have been created using WordPress – (such as this one) WordPress is easy to use, editable by you and performs very well on Google searches if optimised correctly.
Costs will vary according to quantity of content. A rough guide is:
- Bronze Package €650 – 5 pages, header image, contact page, some SEO & your email added or a contact form, security plugins included. (Easily add as many pages as you need). Suitable for most sole traders.
- Silver Package €1100 – 10+ pages, header image, contact page, SEO backlinks, email setup, security plugins included. (Easily add as many pages as you need). Perfect for small businesses.
- Gold Package €1500 – 15+ pages, header image, contact page, SEO keyworded backlinks, ALT Tags on images, email setup onsite, security plugins included. (Easily add as many pages as you need). Half the price of a Dublin web design agency & with SEO built in.
- Old website conversions to all-device WordPress also available – please ask – I’ve increasingly been asked to do this for small businesses with ‘legacy’ websites which are nowhere on Google. You keep your domain name so there’s no loss of business.
- E-commerce | Online Shops can be added, creating an effective online shop for your products or services. Fees depend on number of days spent setting up your shop and, optionally, taking the photographs for you if required. A ballpark figure of €3500 in normal to set up an online shop. In Ireland, you will probably be eligible for an Online Trading Voucher to cover up to 50% of the setup costs from your Local Enterprise Office, including training. Scroll down for more info..
- Excellent product photography or business video available.
- I can provide an efficient website update & editing service, charged hourly with no tied-in contract.
All our WordPress websites work on tablets & phones, which most people now search on. These are known as ‘responsive websites’ – so why not bring your website up to date and look good on all devices?
How to get great Google Page Ranking
To get your website listed highly on Google (without Paid Ads) I now offer keyworded backlinks. This works effectively on both established or new websites. It takes a week or so to get listed for the first time. You can opt for a once-off backlink or a regular tweaked service to keep you up on Page 1 of Google searches for your product or service.
Testimonial: “Hi, that looks really good, I really like the slideshows”
Straightforward ‘responsive’ website update, photography & SEO for this successful garden-grown organic cut flower supplier in Kilkenny. Fully booked for the 2019 season! Wedding flowers Ireland, cut flowers, seasonal flowers, Kilkenny, Ireland, thewildbunch.ie
Listed by Rick Steves and Lonely Planet. Trip Advisor reviews are wildly enthusiastic and repeat business levels are very high. An active Facebook Page keeps in touch with repeat visitors. www.butlercourt.com
“The website has exactly the right tone and style for our discerning North American guests. The photography is gorgeous. They absolutely love it” Yvonne Dalton, Butler Court Guest Accommodation, Kilkenny City.
Responsive (all-devices) website for Circle Laser in Kilkenny. Circle Laser website