It makes sense to promote your business online as most non-essential purchases begin with a web search. Website Search Engine Optimisation is the most cost-effective means of marketing your business. Here are the basics you should be doing.
Make sure that:
- your website has effective SEO
- your images are of good quality
- your website content is interesting – see this example
- your Facebook page (if any) is separate to your personal page
- you have a Landing Page for any email campaigns
TIP: Don’t be tempted to buy an email list and send out hundreds of emails. Recipients will mark them as Junk and your subsequent emails will go straight in their Junk folder.
My background experience:
- My pre-internet marketing experience goes back to the mid 1980s (Ernst & Young HQ, London) when I designed and produced presentation materials on drawing board & computer.
- From 1989-2000 I had sole responsibility for Group-wide presentation materials at the headquarters of Rio Tinto PLC – a global mining company worth US$22Bn.
- Since then I have freelanced in Ireland and overseas and specialised in web design, WordPress, non-paid SEO services plus commercial photography.
- See the engaging content I have put together for a Carlow start-up: here
- I don’t rent a big unit nor have a large team to pay for so my low overheads are passed onto you as cost-effective services of the highest quality.
- Contact me here for professional seo, web & photography services
- My LinkedIn profile is here